Temporary residence permit in Poland

A person who does not have Polish citizenship, who wants to live in Poland for some time, must submit documents authorizing him to reside in that country. The temporary residence card is issued to persons who, for various reasons, will stay in Poland for more than three months. The residence card is usually issued for a period of between three months and three years. The card itself is a document that confirms the identity of the alien during his stay in Poland. In addition, a person holding such a card can cross the border multiple times without having to apply for a visa.

Temporary residence card – documents and formalities

If you need a temporary residence card, the documents you need to submit are two copies of your application for a temporary residence permit, four up-to-date photographs (in colour), a valid travel document (two copies of each page with the original for inspection), a confirmation of payment of stamp duty and documents confirming the circumstances indicated in the application, which are the reason for the application.

Please note that all documents must be submitted in person, as fingerprints are taken from the candidate when they are submitted. Another important information is that the temporary residence card must be collected personally by the person for whom it was issued.

The place where you can apply for a temporary residence permit is the Office for Temporary Residence. foreigners, which is a branch of the provincial outpost. The extension of the residence card shall be effected by submitting the relevant application no later than 30 days before the expiry of the document held so far.

Residence card and travel abroad

What is the situation of the residence and travel card abroad? The temporary residence card allows you to move within the Schengen area. However, it should be aware that, having a temporary residence permit in Poland, for every 180 days of the temporary residence card, at least half of this time (i.e. 90 days) you need to spend in Poland.

error: Treść jest chroniona !!